16 C
Monday, July 22, 2024

New certificate needed to perform essential services during lockdown second phase

- Advertisement -

Businesses that previously registered to perform essential services during the lockdown will need new certificates from Friday 17 April, the Companies and Intellectual Property Commission warned on Thursday night.

Businesses seeking exemption to perform essential services have previously had to register on the government’s BizPortal website, but their current certificates are no longer valid as the initial 21-day lockdown period for which they applied ends on 16 April.

The CIPC said it will send new certificates covering the extended lockdown period, which starts on Friday, via email to addresses provided at the time of registration. New certificates are also already available tonight for downloading on the BizPortal.
All businesses must have one by Monday 20 April.

- Advertisement -

“The new certificate will clearly state that it is for the extended lockdown period, beginning 17 April 2020, and South African Police Service officials will be told which certificates to look for. Certificates issued before today will no longer be valid and must be disposed of,” said the CIPC in a statement.

Additional businesses allowed to provide essential services in terms of the amended Lockdown Regulations, announced by Minister Nkosazana Clarice Dlamini-Zuma on Thursday, will also need the new certificates. Dlamini-Zuma announced that several trades like plumbing, mechanics and even fishing businesses are now allowed to go back to trading.

But only companies registered under the Companies Act will be able to attain these from the BizPortal. These include essential service providers like healthcare professionals, small businesses who are sole proprietors, spaza shops and small-scale farmers.

“These businesses will not have a CIPC certificate but must still comply with the provisions of the lockdown regulations,” said the CIPC.

- Advertisement -

According to the Amended State of National Disaster Regulations Extended Lockdown gazette, informal traders will need to acquire written permission from their municipal authorities. New24

- Advertisement -

Related Articles

- SPONSORED -spot_img

Stay Connected

- Advertisement -

Similar Stories