You can now renew your South African vehicle licence anywhere, anytime and as easy as sending WhatsApp messages thanks to ChatBack.
This development will definitely bring smiles to motorists as it eliminates the unnecessary waste of time following queues and the stress it brings along.
Chatback also gets rid of a lot of paperwork used in the conventional post office method, it’s cashless too.
From August 2019 you can now renew your car licence on your phone or computer.
After saving you time and resources, ChatBack also get the disc delivered to your preferred address.
Requirements to use ChatBack
- A smartphone installed with WhatsApp or computer
- Your South African Identity Document
- Proof of address
- Vehicle licence number
Steps to follow when renewing vehicle licence on WhatsApp
- Add ChatBack’s WhatsApp number +27 66 202 6685 to your contacts.
- From your WhatsApp, send any message to ChatBack WhatsApp number.
- Select option 1 to get a quote and renew your vehicle licence
- Enter your vehicle registration number.
- Write the date of expiry on your vehicle licence disk. You will receive a quote with an invoice number and a pay link which expires after 23hours.
- Click on the payment link
- Select a method of payment between Payfast and SnapScan and complete the payment
(Note: By making payment you authorise ChatBack to retrieve your licence information on your behalf from relevant authorities. You authorise Chatback to sign and complete all documentation on your behalf.)
- Complete the payment. The system acknowledges your payment and ask that you give the delivery address details
- Enter your street address only as requested
- Reply with your suburb
- Enter the postal code
- Send a copy of your ID or take a picture and send
- Attach a copy of your proof of address
That’s it, you are done. Chatback claims that you will receive your vehicle licence disk after 5 business days.
To get your licence disc delivered, you will have to pay a fee of R199.
Video below shows how the service works.