18.8 C
Durban
Wednesday, July 17, 2024

Bystanders Break Into Truck to Save Suffocating Trucker, Who was Cooking While Driving on N3

- Advertisement -

A cross border truck driver was hospitalized in a critical condition due to carbon monoxide poisoning on Tuesday afternoon.

The incident, which occurred on the N3 highway near Tweedie in the Midlands, led to a temporary closure of the road.

Midlands EMS Advanced Life Support paramedics rushed to the scene following reports of an unconscious driver.

- Advertisement -

Upon arrival, the paramedics found that the driver had been cooking with a gas stove while driving, an act that is both dangerous and highly unconventional.

Bystanders, witnessing the truck swerving across the road, intervened heroically. They broke the truck’s window and extracted the unconscious driver, potentially saving his life.

Watch | Gas stove explodes while cooking, exhibits dangers of cooking in the truck

The paramedics diagnosed the driver with carbon monoxide poisoning, a life-threatening condition.

- Advertisement -

Immediate advanced life support treatment was required to stabilize the patient, who was then transported to a specialist hospital for further care.

This incident highlights the severe risks associated with the use of gas stoves in confined, unventilated spaces like a vehicle.

Cooking while driving, apart from being a major traffic hazard, exposes the driver to carbon monoxide (CO) – a colorless, odorless gas that can cause serious health issues or even death.

Carbon monoxide is produced when fuels such as gas, oil, coal, or wood do not burn fully.

Inside a vehicle, the lack of adequate ventilation can lead to the rapid accumulation of CO, leading to poisoning.

- Advertisement -

The symptoms of CO poisoning include headache, dizziness, nausea, breathlessness, collapse, and loss of consciousness, which are especially dangerous while driving.

Authorities are investigating the incident and have issued warnings about the dangers of using gas stoves or any form of open flame inside vehicles.

The public is urged to adhere to safety regulations and avoid any activities that could lead to similar accidents.

This event serves as a critical reminder of the importance of road safety and the dangers of engaging in distracting activities while driving.

The driver’s condition is currently stable, but the incident could have had far more tragic consequences.

Authorities remained on the scene to investigate the incident further and to ensure the safe reopening of the N3 highway.

- Advertisement -

Related Articles

- SPONSORED -spot_img

Stay Connected

727,113FansLike
9,820FollowersFollow
65,200FollowersFollow
35,620FollowersFollow
91,492SubscribersSubscribe
- Advertisement -

Similar Stories